If you own a rental property, you should understand how crucial marketing is to attracting the ideal tenants. If you still haven’t used virtual tours, you’re passing up a fantastic chance! Giving prospective tenants the option to view your rental homes virtually can be a great way to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. The advantages of virtual tours for your rental property marketing will be discussed in the paragraphs that follow, along with the reasons that every owner of a rental property should make use of them.
Virtual Tour Basics
Renters can virtually explore a rental home by using a computer-generated simulation called a virtual tour. Virtual tours offer a thorough and immersive picture of every room, unlike photos that just show a portion of the property. In addition, virtual tours let potential tenants see how large rooms and other spaces would be as well as how their furniture will fit in the room.
A growing number of prospective tenants favor virtual tours of rental properties, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could take a 3D virtual tour of it first.
Types of Virtual Tours
Virtual tours offer potential tenants an immersive experience by enabling them to examine your rental homes from any location without physically being there. In this manner, before they visit the property, they can check the space and decide if it meets their wants. There are three primary types of virtual tours that you can choose from: virtual reality tours, 3D virtual tour, and 360-degree virtual tours.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By combining multiple photos into one panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours can be produced. Potential tenants can click and drag to explore the entire room in an image provided by these tours. For rental property owners who are new to virtual tours, 360-degree tours are a great choice because they are inexpensive and simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: By enabling prospective tenants to virtually traverse the property, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour provides a higher level of immersion compared to a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are generated by capturing and piecing together numerous photographs of a rental property using specialized software. As a result of the substantial time and effort invested in generating outcomes of superior quality, three-dimensional virtual tours are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: Taking a property tour through virtual reality (VR) is the newest and most interesting method. Potential tenants can explore every corner of the home by donning a VR headset and moving around the premises as if they were in person. VR tours were uncommon at first, but as VR technology gets more widely available, they are happening more frequently now.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Let’s examine some advantages of utilizing virtual tours for your rental property marketing now that we’ve covered the fundamentals of them.
• Convenience. The convenience factor is by far the biggest advantage of virtual tours. Visitors to your rental properties can take tours without having to interrupt their workdays or leave their homes. This is particularly advantageous for renters residing out of state or internationally who need assistance organizing a time to visit the property in person.
• 24/7 Availability. Seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, virtual tours are offered. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to accommodate your availability; instead, they can visit your rental units on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. Additionally, virtual excursions have been shown to boost engagement. Digital presence in search engines or SEO can be enhanced with virtual tours for your rental property. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is a fantastic method to offer new material and raise your listing’s search engine position because Google favors original content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
These pointers will help you maximize the advantages of virtual tours now that you are aware of their advantages:
• Quality Matters. When it comes to virtual tours, quality counts. Avoid using low-resolution or grainy photos and instead use high-quality images and videos,. Use high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate the value of your rental homes.
• Include a Call to Action. Conduct a call to action (CTA) in the concluding section of the virtual tour. A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that implores prospective tenants to proceed with the next action, such arranging a showing or getting in touch with you for additional details. By adding a call to action, you may encourage potential tenants to take the next step and apply for a rental.
It is a fantastic notion to provide prospective tenants with a sense of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a physical visit; virtual tours enable this. There has never been a better opportunity to begin incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing than right now. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.